Leaving for Fiji that is. Looks like a decent weather window, so we’re leaving on Monday (tomorrow). Not a perfect one, we’ll probably see some squally weather in the first couple days, but it’s winter down here. If you wait for perfect weather, you could be here ’till Spring.
So, if we go fast the first 300 or so miles, we should be able to stay out on the far edge of the low that’s coming across the Tasman. Tomorrow looks to be the only window for at least another week. The low will slide over NZ on Tuesday give or take, and bring poor weather for a while.
So…Orcinius Lisa will come on board for the trip (yay!) at 0900 tomorrow, the customs guy should show up at 1000, then a quick trip to the duty free liquor for rum and we’re off before noon.
At least that’s the plan.
Charisma’s ready and looking forward to showing off her new sails!
We’ll miss New Zealand, but are looking forward to warm weather and white sand beaches. Heading back to summer!